Limiting Test Attempts

radillard
radillard Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 18 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hey All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of any tutorials that would show me how to limit my test I'm creating (using lectora 19) to 3 attempts?

Please & Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• andrew-robertson
    andrew-robertson Community Member Posts: 197 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I do not have a tutorial, but one way you could do it is by setting a variable that is stored/retained between sessions (e.g. _testCount), and add to it every time the test is taken. Once the count hits 4, you do not allow them back into the exam.

Pseudo code/logic would look like:
    1. Action to add 1 to _testCount when test is launched.
    2. Action to check _testCount variable against total number of tests allowed to be taken (3?). If smaller than or equal to 3, then allow them to proceed; however, if larger than 3 then display a message but do not proceed.
    This is just a process off the top of my head.
    Andrew R.
    Developing content since 2010 using a mixed bag of tools.
  • radillard
    radillard Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 18 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @andrew-robertson thanks I'll try this out.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    An additional option is to identify the Max Attempts per question (from the properties tab of the question, check 'Enable Max Attempts', and then select the Max Attempts from the dropdown.
    - Adam Cain
  • andrew-robertson
    andrew-robertson Community Member Posts: 197 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I just thought of another one, usually there is a setting in the LMS (at least in the ones that I've worked with) that will allow you to set the number of times a user can attempt a module. 0 for unlimited, # for number of times.
    Andrew R.
    Developing content since 2010 using a mixed bag of tools.