Drag and Drop

2»

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    Those are just labels for you to organize the question internally. You could add an image on the page with labels outside of the actual question, or create your own drop image for the question (with labels or whatever you need).
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    mmalhotra-9265 Community Member Posts: 310 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Adam,

The name of countries appear on this edit page. However, it doesn't appear in actual file.

• cainam
    right - I believe that is working as expected. They appear on this edit page to help you determine which dropzone is which to help you stay organized, but it isn't intended to appear in the final output. You can just create your own labels with text boxes outside of this question. (just add text fields on the page itself instead of trying to add inside the actual question)
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - This is not what should be?

Regards
    Malvika
  • cainam
    You don't have to do it this way (adding the text outside of the question group). You can edit the drop image and add the labels there. With your setup, I would do something like the attached.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    Right Adam. It works perfectly well.
  • mmalhotra-9265
    I am getting stuck at Notepad question.

Regards
    Malvika
  • cainam
    How will you know where to drop the answer? You have 2 drop zones (sweet and sour), but there is no indication on the image where those drop zones are. So at a minimum you will need a label for each. You can also check the setting to 'show drop zone outlines', so that you will see the zone area for each.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    Adam,

I have realized that I am getting stuck with drag and drop questions.

1. In the below image, I do not how to place 5 options under Do's and Dont's options.
    2. Also, in the drop zone created, the default 3 rectangles still appear. I am unable to delete them.
    3. I promise to practice drag and drop every week till it becomes my muscle memory.

Regards
    Malvika
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,194 ♦ Idol ♦
    A Drag & Drop question requires a Drop image. The dropzones are positioned onto that image. It's not possible to place the dropzones elsewhere. When you add a new question it always has that default image that can be replaced in the question creator. You might just make a screenshot of your columns.

The new image will be displayed in the lower right corner, the preview area for the question. Position your two dropzones so they match the rounded rectangles.

You can always drop several Drag items on every dropzone. If you "Snap Drag Items to the center of Drop Zones" they will overlap. Otherwise they can freely be place within the borders of the dropzones.

To complete the question you must tell which item is meant to be correct on which dropzone. Select an item in the left column and check the dropzones that are correct in the right. Either one of them or both is possible. "Keep calm" is something you should do, i.e. you should uncheck "Don'ts" as a correct dropzone. This means it can still be dropped there but it will be evaluated as "incorrect".
  • cainam
    so.. I thought that maybe a video demo might be the best way to show this functionality - hope this helps!

- Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - Ever grateful for the way you explain. Thank you.