Help with Flash!

agrillo-9515
agrillo-9515 Community Member Posts: 4 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi everyone,

I know, I know... We're midway through 2021 and shouldn't still be talking about Flash! But, I desperately need your help with a former colleague's course.

The course itself doesn't have any Flash elements. It plays fine in the current version of Edge (91.0.864.48).

But, the videos are being blocked as Flash in the old version of Edge used by my company (81.0.416.68).

Does anyone know what's going on? Unfortunately, several images are missing from the source files, so republishing is not an option.

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks,

Anna
Tagged:

Best Answer

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    Accepted Answer
    If you copy the images from your published course files (e.g., from the aicc or html folder), find the images folder, and copy all of them, then you can paste these in your images folder in your source folder. Any file that is already there you can ignore, and not replace. (you could always make a backup copy before doing this if you are hesitant). should take a few minutes total.

Sorry, I don't know why the videos would be blocked. What type of video file is it?
    - Adam Cain

Answers

• cainam
    can't you grab the images from the published content if they are missing from the source files?
    - Adam Cain
  • agrillo-9515
    edited June 16, 2021
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, but this would take several hours.

Do you know why the videos would ONLY be blocked as Flash in an older version of Edge?

Anna
  • agrillo-9515
    Adam... Could you tell I was panicking? I totally forgot I could download the SCORM package from my LMS. I was thinking I'd have to right click and save each image! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

For what it's worth, the videos are MP4s! I'd still love to figure out why they're being blocked as Flash in an old version of Edge but playing fine in the latest version. (My company disabled browser updates which is another big problem!)
  • approg
    approg Community Member Posts: 258 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    At a guess I'd say that the video's playbar (in Lectora) is built with Flash.
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 576 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    approg said:

At a guess I'd say that the video's playbar (in Lectora) is built with Flash.

Happy to say Lectora is Flash Free! o:)
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 961 ✭ Legend ✭
    wheels said:

Happy to say Lectora is Flash Free! o:)

Now. But @agrillo-9515 was working with an old course created in a previous version.
  • cainam
    If the issue was a Flash issue, then wouldn't the same viewing problem exist in the newer version of Edge? (e.g. why would an older version of Edge not support flash, but a newer version of Edge would? Isn't that kind of reverse of what one might expect in regards to flash support in updated browsers?)

Looks like there was some general issues with the Edge browser and videos in general. Maybe there is some relation: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-edge-wont-play-youtube-videos
    - Adam Cain
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 576 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    @approg and @carlfink points taken! I didn't want anyone thinking the current version of Lectora published courses that have those old elements.

@agrillo-9515 the reason one version of Edge works and the other does not is likely due to settings. Maybe your company has enterprise settings that cause the discrepancy.

• agrillo-9515
    Thank you all so much for your help!

I took Adam's advice to recover the missing images and then republished the course in HTML5 only using Lectora Inspire 18. It's playing fine in my company's old version of Edge but check out what I found in the DevTools...