Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.

Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!

Apply for exclusive early access to the latest version of Lectora® Desktop v21. Seating is limited so make sure you apply now!

In need of help with your eLearning? Feel free to ask a question of the community! You can also visit our Knowledge Base or, if you're in need of immediate assistance, submit a case to our Customer Success team.

Cenario VR Wishlist

2»

Answers

• carlfinkcarlfink Community Member Posts: 646 ✶ Headliner ✶
    Have you considered adding an "overlay" that appears on all screens? In my work so far, I almost always want a standard navigation interface (which might be as simple as a single hotspot that appears in every scene, which takes you to a navigation-specific top-down view), and maybe an exit button. Thoughts?
  • hvaughan-2540hvaughan-2540 Community Member Posts: 50 ☆ Roadie ☆
    A scene, make 'Home scene' (the 1st / landing page a user sees) or send to top would be useful. For whatever reason, today CenarioVR won't let me move scenes around in either Chrome or Edge. I ended up copying a scene and deleting a scene to get the scenes repositioned.
    I'd like some default global settings to be added e.g. show/hide all info cards, show/hide all hotspots, turn on/off sound... Each CenarioVR could then have a settings button which when clicked displayed a set of toggle buttons to turn on/off these features which worked (saved) across all scenes.

For example, currently I can add a settings button to show/hide all the info cards on the screen but its a slow process per scene and won't work across all scenes. I can add a boolean variable and test on that on scene startup, if it is 0, use conditions on all my info cards to turn off but when I open a new scene (with another set of hide actions) there is a second gap before they switch off, the user sees the labels for a split second before they disappear.

I'd also like a  few more features that normal virtual tour software has, like clickable thumbnails linking to other scenes and an autogenerated list of scene names. Skins / templates would be good as well, come up with set colours / styles which can be applied rather than customising each time.
    Another virtual tour feature which would be good is the addition of floor plans. Ability to add a 2D floor plan graphic which can also have dynamic hotspots which highlight per scene (either room or larger circle hotspots) and link to the other scenes.
    Could a back and previous function be added, just like a web browser has. On some of my scenes I'd like to add fixed position < and > buttons to the middle of the screen. I can add manual scene links but it would be much easier if there was a default 'Go to previous scene' and 'Go to next scene' feature.
    When a standard 2D video is added to a scene it would be useful to have the play/pause/seekbar controls as on option to turn on and off, with the ability to customise the interface colours.
    Clips are a great addition but they need further work. If you create a clip and add to a new scene all its actually doing is creating a copy of the elements. What I'd like to see is a read only copy of the clip copied into the scene and the ability to edit the master clip in the library which then gets repopulated to all scenes where it was shared.

For example, if I create a clip of with some text labels inside. I add the clip to 3 scenes. I then discover I have made a typo. I want to edit the master clip and all 3 scenes to update. Currently I have to go into each scene, delete all the clip elements, recreate a new clip with corrected text and then add back into all scenes.

Ability to add flat 2D shapes would be good. E.g. rectangles, rounded rectangles, squares, circles. With option to change their opacity and colour. I can easily create .svg for each but much better to have it inside CVR.
    I have a button in a scene which opens an info panel up with an image, some text, a close button and a big black semi transparent cover all svg to block out everything and focus the attention on the info panel information.

When I open the info panel, the scene (the main 360 degree background image) can still be moved around. Is there any way it can be locked while the panel is open? I tried adding a pause  scene action but that doesn't work.
  • carlfinkcarlfink Community Member Posts: 646 ✶ Headliner ✶
    Hugh, warning: SVG files can absolutely fail in the Oculus CVR client. John Blackmon tells me that this is a flaw in the Oculus graphics handler and can't be fixed by ELB.
    It would be good to have CVR to do a performance test, per scene and per project. When ready to publish, CVR would check all images and number of objects in each scene and then tell you if it was going to have any performance issues and recommend reducing objects or changing their dimensions.

Also it could tell you if it was going to fail in any way e.g. in VR headsets fixed objects are not really recommended. Maybe use a traffic light system or overall percentage score.
    When dealing with lots of scenes in the same project it can difficult to get an overall picture of how scenes are linked and what elements are inside. It would be useful to have a top level flow diagram showing linkages, sub rooms and objects inside, rather than relying on a really long column list of thumbnails. E.g.
    • Room 1 - 5 scenes (360 images), 3 hotspots, 5 info cards. Links to room 1 and room 2.
    • Room 2 - 1 scene (360 video), 2 hotspots. Links to room 1 and 2 and 3.
    • Room 3 - 2 scenes (360 image), 1 hotspot/ Links to room 1
    With flowchart style, with arrows between linked scenes.

I have a Cenario coming soon with at least 70 mages! its going to be difficult to manage. I could split into separate projects and add web link option (CenarioVR Live and Mobile published urls) but I want to package as a SCORM for LMS use.
    I've got lots of variables in my projects. While testing I had to create an info card with them all in. It would be good if there was CenarioVR panel / pane which could list all the variables and then update when they were changed while previewing. It could be switched on/off while testing.

Also it would be useful to have list of project variables you could insert from a list when adding to an info card, it would save typing them out.

When setting and testing so many variables in the actions area, the list quickly becomes very hard to navigate. The user needs to be able to expand it out and copy/paste individual actions. Or group similar actions in expandable/collapsible areas.