eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Which published HTM file runs the course?

kvenick
kvenick Community Member Posts: 21
I have a Lectora on Line course I need to test in HTML. I downloaded the course but don't see an executable to let me run it.  Anyone know which file can launch the course?

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 548 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi,

Did you try clicking the preview button after publishing (instead of download)?

That should be sufficient for an HTML preview of the course.

You would need to extract the zip file contents to a folder, and then click on the index.html if you wanted to run it locally.  Be aware that some browsers will limit what you can do if you run from your local filesystem.  Ideally you would want to upload it to a server in order to test it out.

Hope this helps.

- Joe

• clammers
    clammers Community Member Posts: 121 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    If you published using the full HTML name, it would be whatever the first page of the course is (e.g., Home.html). Otherwise, you can open pretty much any of them and use the course navigation to go to the home page.