eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Template Troubles - A = A then B = B and A = B

danam
danam Community Member Posts: 96
When creating several titles I decided to go the route of a template. I wanted responsive design titles so I created the template and began to mass produce titles.
All seemed fine until I saved the titles into CourseMill (EnterpriseLMS) and in testing found that each time I saved the new title it was over-writing the previous titles.

This has never happened before.
I cleared the Variables and Resources before publishing.

Help!

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Are you renaming the title or rerouting it to a different course ID each time you publish?
  • danam
    I was doing a Save As to a title and copying it to another location. Changed it to the new title and published out.
    When I bring it into CourseMill it sees the path as the original instead of the new one but it sees the new title in all locations copied this way.

When you open the course details and look at the path (Local Dir and HTTP Dir) they are not pointing to the new location.

In other words, don't duplicate your courses. Start with a clean slate every time.

Question...

Does this mean that anything that I put into my library still holds that information?

This would seem counter intuitive to the reason that I create templates or Library objects.
  • danam
    By the way, Nick was helping me on this.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    To my knowledge the library object shouldn't be holding on to publishing details.  The Information Center states that you can save general information about the object and metadata but nothing related to publishing settings (http://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/16/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#2762.html?TocPath=Working%20with%20objects|Working%20with%20the%20Media%20Library|Working%20with%20My%20Library|_____5)