eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Audio and video - hiding on page show on ipad

jackis
jackis Community Member Posts: 17
I am working towards making my course materials ipad-friendly. I have found a couple of quirks, and am not sure if it is something in Lectora I can change or if it is iOS7.

1. I have embedded audio files on some pages. I have an action to hide the audio controller on show of the page. This works fine in all other browsers, but when I test it on an iPad the audio controller does not hide on show of the page (ie it sits on the page when you first view it).

2. I stream video from a video server (Kaltura) by inserting a web window. The video plays fine, but similar to the audio, I find that an on page show action to hide a video doesn't work on the iPad. Also, I find that on click actions also don't hide streamed video.

Are these just iPad/iOS7 quirks? Has anyone else had the same issue and found a way to work around them?

Thanks for your help.

Jacki

Comments

• falcon44nkc
    falcon44nkc Community Member Posts: 90
    Hello,

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this. I also use On show - hide actions to hide the audio controller on pages. But like you, they are showing on the iPad.

I see your post was from a while ago and I'm wondering if you found a solution.

Thanks!
  • jackis
    jackis Community Member Posts: 17
    I think I have a belt and braces approach, but it seems to work on the iPad.

1. I have the audio file sitting directly on the page (not in any group) as I found I couldn’t get it to hide when it was in a group. I do not have the 'initially hidden' box checked.

2. On the page I have an action: On Page Show – Hide – Audio

3. On a text block that is immediately visible on the page I have an action: On Show – Hide – Audio

4. As belt and braces, I also have an two additional actions on all buttons on the page (stop audio and hide audio).

This seems to work. I hope it works for you too.

Regards

Jacki