Inheritance and Reading Order
I'm using Lectora Desktop 21.3, and to avoid repeating a Close button for several pop-up windows, I placed the button at the top of the tree and it automatically appears in all pages in this tree (see snapshot below). However, this feature causes a compliance issue with 508 because of the reading order.
As shown in image2, the Close button receives the focus as the first clickable element in the page, but there are other elements that should be clicked before the user reaches to the Close button.
Is there a remedy for this? How do I maintain the proper reading order, so that the Close button receives the focus last?
wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 685 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
Glad I could help and sorry for the terse reply was from my phone!
It isn't very obvious as you have found out.
Hopefully you will find some other helpful items in the article How to Use Lectora to Create Accessible Courses.
- 35.9K All Categories
- 109 ✫ Announcements
- 33.1K Lectora®
- 31.1K Lectora Discussions
- 29K Lectora Desktop
- 2K Lectora Online
- 2K Lectora Feature Requests
- 71 Lectora User Groups
- 36 Lectora Accessibility User Group (LAUG)
- 25 ELB Learning Content
- 25 ELB Learning Content Discussions
- 329 CenarioVR®
- 196 CenarioVR Discussions
- 133 CenarioVR Feature Requests
- 42 Rockstar Learning Platform®
- 39 Rockstar Learning Platform Discussions
- 108 CourseMill®
- 108 CourseMill Discussions
- 47 ReviewLink®
- 47 ReviewLink Discussions
- 7 The Training Arcade®
- 7 The Training Arcade Discussions
- 936 All Things eLearning
- 37 eLearning Development
- 546 Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- 333 Web Accessibility
- 1.2K ♪ The Green Room
- 9 Additional Learning Products