Fix Filtering by Category, Please!

tecocat
tecocat Community Member Posts: 425 ✶ Headliner ✶
edited August 17, 2022 in ♡ Community Feedback
I'm trying to search for discussions about "compression" related to Lectora only (NOT CenerioVR, etc.) and I can't seem to make that happen (or, more accurately, to keep it happening). I think that, if I go into that category and search, the initial search results may, in fact, only be for that category, but, as soon as I apply a date filter or try to re-sort in date order, I start getting results from ALL categories. It's maddening and makes it very hard to find what I'm looking for (or to ascertain that what I'm looking for doesn't exist). It makes me miss the old Trivantis forum, which might have been more "old school," but which at least worked right (IIRC).... :'(

Or am I missing something?
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jholland
    jholland Administrator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 79 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hello @tecocat. Unfortunately, what you describe is a feature of the underlying software that is running this community. ELB Learning has requested of the vendor an enhancement to the Search function to work exactly as you describe. Hopefully, they will implement this request.
  • tecocat
    tecocat Community Member Posts: 425 ✶ Headliner ✶
    jholland said:

Hello @tecocat. Unfortunately, what you describe is a feature of the underlying software that is running this community. ELB Learning has requested of the vendor an enhancement to the Search function to work exactly as you describe. Hopefully, they will implement this request.

That would be ideal, but another option would be to find a better platform/software for the community. (That option would be a bigger pain for eLB though, for sure, in the short term.)