How can I place an image or other object behind a 3D model, like layering in other applications?
Casey_Hicks Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 2 ☆ Roadie ☆
I am trying to place an image behind a 3D model to help highlight it better. I am having no luck, even with the 'Send to Back' in the context menu. This seems to have no effect and the 3D model remains behind everything else in the scene. Am I missing something?
CarlJFink Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 163 ♦ Idol ♦IIRC, I have had the same experience, and the only solution was to recreate the entire scene from scratch, but it has been well over a year and I'm sure I'm remembering details wrong.
You might put in a feature request (https://rockstars.elearningbrothers.com/categories/cenariovr-feature-requests) for explicit layer numbering.
@Casey_Hicks , 3D Models occupy 3D space within the scene, and can also have a Z-component (layering) built into them, so depending upon the design of the model itself, it may be in front of or behind other objects in the scene. 2D Objects do respect layering with each other, as they can all be put on the same plane, and do not have a layering component built into them.
- 35.9K All Categories
- 110 ✫ Announcements
- 33.2K Lectora®
- 31.1K Lectora Discussions
- 29K Lectora Desktop
- 2K Lectora Online
- 2K Lectora Feature Requests
- 71 Lectora User Groups
- 36 Lectora Accessibility User Group (LAUG)
- 27 ELB Learning Content
- 27 ELB Learning Content Discussions
- 346 CenarioVR®
- 205 CenarioVR Discussions
- 141 CenarioVR Feature Requests
- 44 Rockstar Learning Platform®
- 41 Rockstar Learning Platform Discussions
- 108 CourseMill®
- 108 CourseMill Discussions
- 48 ReviewLink®
- 48 ReviewLink Discussions
- 7 The Training Arcade®
- 7 The Training Arcade Discussions
- 938 All Things eLearning
- 39 eLearning Development
- 546 Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- 333 Web Accessibility
- 1.2K ♪ The Green Room
- 9 Additional Learning Products