Lectora 21 failing to start

simondavies6
simondavies6 Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 1 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi

We have just installed Lectora 21.1.1 on a new workstation. The installation was run as admin, there were no obvious issues during the process.
The Windows 10 user has no admin rights and the workstation's account is centrally managed via a VPN.

When starting Lectora 21 the splash screen appears for a few seconds, then goes without opening the application. There are no error messages.
Lectora 19 will open and operate under the same environment without an issue.

When the L21 exe is 'run as admin' you will get the option to log into the EBrother account and the application will open normally.

Has anyone else come across this behaviour?
Is anyone aware of where I might find a log file that will show where the problem may be?

Thank you for any help.

Kind regards

Simon

Comments

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 1,102 ✭ Legend ✭
    I have no personal experience. One thing I would always try in this situation is to start Lectora from the command prompt. Many programs emit a text error message that is ignored if you start from a direct shortcut, but can be read when you start it from the command line.
  • jholland
    jholland Rockstar Manager Posts: 71 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team

We have just installed Lectora 21.1.1 on a new workstation. The installation was run as admin, there were no obvious issues during the process.

ELB Learning support recommends that you always install the software logged in as the user who will be running the software. Use "run as Administrator" when installing to ensure all the files and registry entries are installed properly. This will take care of your issue.

• andrew-robertson
    andrew-robertson Community Member Posts: 253 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I can confirm what @jholland is saying.

When our IT Department installs the software on our workstation (4 users), we are logged in as ourselves, our service desk remotes into our session and then they "run as administrator" with their elevated permissions.

We haven't had any issues as of yet with this method.
    Andrew R.
    Developing content since 2010 using a mixed bag of tools.