Authoring/sharing files between Mac and PC

jaimef
jaimef Community Member Posts: 1 ♪ Opening Act ♪
Hey all, we have someone that will be using Lectora on a Mac (via VM). Has anyone run into issues sharing course files between a Mac and PC?

Comments

• Christie Calahan
    Christie Calahan Community Member, Administrator, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 30 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    If you are using a Mac, you will need to use Lectora Online. Assuming this is the case, I don't think you will have any issues.
    CHRISTIE CALAHAN  |  Senior Director of Marketing
    [email protected]

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 1,099 ✭ Legend ✭
    @Christie Calahan, at least in previous versions, Lectora Online was incompatible with Lectora Publisher/Lectora Desktop. Is that still the case?
  • Christie Calahan
    Christie Calahan Community Member, Administrator, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 30 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    @carlfink There are some minor adjustments you need to make when migrating to LO (why we suggest stick with one) but I would not say "incompatible" If you end up migrating, we have a doc on what to expect.
    CHRISTIE CALAHAN  |  Senior Director of Marketing
    [email protected]

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 1,099 ✭ Legend ✭

@carlfink There are some minor adjustments you need to make when migrating to LO (why we suggest stick with one) but I would not say "incompatible" If you end up migrating, we have a doc on what to expect.

I was thinking that JavaScript, in particular, works totally differently (or so @MathNotermans said). I never worked in Online and have no personal experience.
  • MathNotermans
    MathNotermans Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 2 ☆ Roadie ☆
    edited February 12, 2022
    Yes there are... especially in selecting elements on the stage. I donot work much in Lectora Online anymore at the moment, but do have some projects planned in it , so probably gonna be more on the forum too in the nearby future. As i use Articulate Storyline quite a lot now, i probably will share samples and code that work for both. Use a variable to check what tool is used ( Storyline360, Lectora or Lectora Online ) and switch selectors to the needed case. And when running VM you can run Lectora too.