How do I recreate an interactive Excel title?

rcollins96
rcollins96 Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 7 ☆ Roadie ☆
I cannot find the .awt file for an Excel title. I have the output. It was create before my time. I'm not sure how to recreate it. I have an outline of the tasks that were covered and the active published title.

Best Answers

• bbeesley-4690
    bbeesley-4690 Community Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Answer ✓
    The .awt file is necessary to open a project in Lectora. If you have the published project, you will be able to view the course while recreating it. Copy paste for text will work, and any images should be found in the \images folder of the published course. We can suggest our Custom Dev team or we also have a whole series of pre-built courses on using Excel. This may be a great solution as these are quite comprehensive and ready to go.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 1,099 ✭ Legend ✭
    Answer ✓

Tried uploading .awt file but I get file format is not allowed.

In Lectora, you can export the course as a Zip file. This combines all the many files that are part of a project into one, and makes sure that you send the complete course.
  • jholland
    jholland Administrator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 88 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Answer ✓
    Hello Roberta. From your support ticket, we found the error of why your course is not completing:

The course is not modifying the AICC_Lesson_Status as the error message states. The course is modifying the wrong variable AICC_Core_Lesson. It needs to set AICC_Lesson_Status to "completed".

We also made some suggestions for the course structure:

These actions should not be on the same exit button. if the user closes the course by clicking on the browser close exit button or closes the app on a mobile device, none of these actions will run.

Better on Page 3 to have a button that takes you to a Page 4 that says something like "Congratulations! You completed the course!". On this Page 4, have an "On Page Show" action that modifies the completion variable. Have another button to open the attachment. Have a third button to exit the course. That way, regardless of what the user does on this 4th page, they will have their completion status set properly. If they don't open the attachment or close the window, the variable is already set.

If you leave it the way it is, the user won't get proper course completion status if they do not click the current button on Page 3.

Answers

• carlfink
    Are you sure the course you are trying to create was made in Lectora originally?
  • whatcher-8448
    whatcher-8448 Community Member Posts: 35 ✶ Headliner ✶
    @rcollins96 Is the Excel file a quiz file or an entire course? I also ask like @carlfink ~ is this a Lectora file?
  • rcollins96
    rcollins96 Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 7 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Answer to question is that it is a entire course. However, I have since found a MS Excel resource file that will suffice. It's an Excel spreadsheet with training tabs on multiple tasks. How can I use the Excel file as a course? I created the file, however, it says my A001 is missing a score Test or Modify Variable for either AICC_Lesson or AICC_Score. I do have an action for AICC Lesson.
  • rcollins96
    edited December 30, 2021
    Tried uploading .awt file but I get file format is not allowed.
  • rcollins96
    My apologies. I may not have communicated my need. I have an Excel file that I want to have in a course. The course is 4 pages with the Excel file accessible via a link on page three. I'm not sure if this was the best way to create as it really is just a resource but we want to keep track of how many view. Yet, it is not exiting and closing properly. Can I upload my awt file somehow?
  • rcollins96
    Can you look at why it isn't ending correctly?
  • carlfink
    Depending on your LMS, you can actually turn the Excel file itself into a course. In the Success Factors LMS, which is what my company uses, you could then track who had launched it (but not which tabs they had visited or whether they had completed any particular activity). Note that launching from within a Lectora class would not necessarily be trackable. If you're using Tin Can/xAPI, you could track anything you want, of course.

If you wanted to hack it in SCORM, you could define a quiz in Lectora that is recorded by your SCORM-compliant LMS, and then just set the student's score with an Action when the course starts, say to zero. Put an Action on the button that launches the Excel sheet setting it to 100%. Now you can track whether the student launched the Excel workbook in LMS reports.
  • rcollins96
  • carlfink

I am using AICC.

Same applies. You could fake it by having an (invisible to the student) pseudo-quiz that records a different score when the student launches the Excel sheet.
  • rcollins96
    Thank you for responding.