Power Point Note Pages

aereaut-1399
aereaut-1399 Community Member Posts: 8 ☆ Roadie ☆
edited October 8, 2021 in Lectora Desktop
I have Power Point presentation I have been trying to import, but I need the Note pages visible to the students. I can see the "Notes" icon in Lectora and can read the 'notes', but when I publish the lesson the 'notes' page is not visible. Is there a way to import the notes and the slides into one page in one step?

Answers

• Christie Calahan
    Christie Calahan Community Member, Administrator, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 26 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    As far as I know, PowerPoint notes are visible just for the presenter, not to the audience (assuming that's what you mean by Notes "pages"). So they end up as notes in Lectora, which are only for the course designer, not for the students.
    CHRISTIE CALAHAN  |  Senior Director of Marketing
    [email protected]

• whatcher-8448
    whatcher-8448 Community Member Posts: 3 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @aereaut-1399 What is if you attach the notes pages as a resource file in the course?
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 961 ✭ Legend ✭

As far as I know, PowerPoint notes are visible just for the presenter, not to the audience (assuming that's what you mean by Notes "pages"). So they end up as notes in Lectora, which are only for the course designer, not for the students.

@Christie Calahan , you're thinking of the speaker notes. Notes pages are intended for use in printing a manual. If you print as a Notes Page, PowerPoint puts an image of the slide at the top, and then text at the bottom, of the printed page. It's a way to use PP to generate printed materials. I don't especially recommend the practice, but that's what was intended.
  • jholland
    jholland Rockstar Manager Posts: 38 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    In Powerpoint, there is the function of a Note for each page. Whether printed as a "Notes Page" or displayed in the "Notes Page" View, there is only one Note per page in PowerPoint. This note can be shown with the page, or not, using these views. Some PowerPoint users will use the note for reminders to themselves during their presentation. Some will place more information in the Notes for their students, for example, details and references for subject matter for this page.

When imported into Lectora, if a page has a note, this data is imported along with the page and placed in the Lectora Speaker Note for the page. This Speaker Note is intended for the course author, as @Christie Calahan stated. At the moment, there is not a way to automatically show the note to the user, but the content of the PowerPoint page note is completely imported and available to the Lectora author. As an author, you could copy and paste the information into a text box for that page. You could then provide access to the text box in a variety of ways in Lectora; a text box along the bottom like PowerPoint does with its "Notes Page" view, a hidden text box that is shown with a button press, a pop up window, or other means.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 961 ✭ Legend ✭
    @jholland , may I suggest adding the ability to import the Notes into the course transcript? For ADA compliance, that would be quite useful.