page size (reactive course)

awaid9938
awaid9938 Community Member Posts: 9 ☆ Roadie ☆
I'm trying to make sure my course works on pcs, phones and tablets in both landscape and portrait modes. I have everything formatted/fitting on the pages correctly except one page and it's only a problem using an ipad/tablet. The page is designed to show when a button is pushed, but be smaller (like a pop up) and able to be closed to continue on in the course. On tablets, I can only see the left 3rd of the content on the page, but in the Lectora software, everything appears to be where it should be. I considered just resizing the page for the tablet views, but can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Accepted Answer
    @awaid9938 popups do not work well on mobile devices. It is best practice to replace those with a page. Navigate to the page conditionally based on if CurrentView contains tablet OR CurrentView contains phone then on that page you would have a "close" button that would Go to Previous Page. (or you can leave out the conditions and do it in all cases and avoid a popup)

Answers

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 938 ♦ Idol ♦
    Have you activated responsive design? Have you used the tools designed to reformat pages for particular targets?

This is a fairly old tutorial, but still helpful.
    https://knowledgebase.elearningbrothers.com/lectora-online-responsive-course-design
  • awaid9938
    awaid9938 Community Member Posts: 9 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Yes, I activated the responsive design and reformatted for the different devices. Still didn't work. I ended up taking that out altogether, but that's super disappointing that pop ups don't work well on mobile devices. I won't ever create a course that will ONLY be used on a PC anymore, so I'll have to remember not to use pop ups! Thanks guys!