Audio HTML Chrome

annisa28zahra
annisa28zahra Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 4 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hello,

I was viewing my course (as html) in Google Chrome and found that the audio doesn't play. But, everything works perfectly in IE / Edge. Is anyone has solution for fix this?

Please, help me. Thank you.

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    I haven't run into this issue before. Is the audio part of a video, or is it just an audio file? Also, what version of Chrome?
    - Adam Cain
  • annisa28zahra
    annisa28zahra Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 4 ☆ Roadie ☆
    it's just all the audio parts that should start on the page. actually because there is a problem "tap/click here", I put the html extension

enableAutoStart = function (cb){ cb(); }

before I enter, the audio file can turn on but there is a tap / click here to continue screen. and after adding the extension file, the problem is solved, but the audio can't play..

btw, its chrome Ver 92.0.4515.107
  • tasiala
    tasiala Moderator Posts: 15 eLearning ROCKSTAR Stage Manager
    Hi @annisa28zahra I'm trying to recreate your issue, can you tell me if you publishing with the Seamless Play option on or off?

For your HTML extension, do you have the full:

getDisplayWindow().enableAutoStart = function (cb){ cb(); }

Also, if you bring up the Dev Tools console and see if you are getting any js errors on the pages with the audio?

Support refers users to this Knowledgebase - https://knowledgebase.elearningbrothers.com/tap-/-click-to-continue
  • tasiala
    edited July 23, 2021
    @annisa28zahra I set up a project with several auto start audio files. If I publish non SPP and use the HTML extension the audio on my first page will not play, and I do see a js error. I'll open a Jira ticket for that, and will add in any further information once I hear from you
  • annisa28zahra

the Seamless Play option is just off like that, and i was run js in button for close the window, top.window.close()top.window.close(). but when i delete it, there is no difference seamless play option is on

• tasiala
    edited July 26, 2021
    Are you running v18.2.3?
    Title Option "Use Web Accessibility Settings" is probably set, to make it an accessible title. That will disable the Seamless Play.
    I notice you are in LAUG, so you probably want that option set.
    Do you publish to HTML and then drop down the "Preview" button to select Chrome? Just asking so I can go back to v18 and compare the behavior with later Lectora's.

Is it possible to zip your title so I can test with it? If not that's ok, I'll just compare the behavior between v18 with v19 and v21