eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

CenarioVR and Accessibility

jen
jen Community Member Posts: 10 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I'm trying to figure out if a user in cenarioVR can tab to the different content in a particular scene to meet accessibility requirements. The arrow keys work so that the learner can rotate around the scene, I just can't figure out if there is a setting I'm missing to allow tabbing.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 879 ♦ Idol ♦
    edited June 8, 2021 Accepted Answer
    John, in all fairness, VR can be accessible for those who have difficulty with manipulation using their hands, if they are visually capable.

@jen, you could use the Google Cardboard interface, which lets your students select things by looking at them the right way, depending on your use case. You mention arrow keys, so I suspect you're using only the browser interface, though.

EDIT: I originally typed "Google Glass" because my brain insists that's a better name.

Answers

• johnb
    johnb Community Member, Rockstar Manager Posts: 56 ☆ Superstar ☆
    VR in itself is not accessible. VR content focuses primarily on visual and auditory interaction, the limitations of which WCAG attempts to address.
  • jen

Thank you! I sort of figured that but wasn't sure since the arrow keys could be used if there was a way to have the user tab to info cards in a particular screen.
  • jen
    @carlfink that's correct, we are only using the browser interface. Thank you for your suggestion.