eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Issue with Auto Start Not Working In Videos

merceg
merceg Community Member Posts: 107 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I recently published a new program with 9 videos in it (all mp4s) and even though I have it set as AutoStart on the page, in our LMS, Success Factors, and even in ReviewLink when in Chrome, the videos request you click or tap to start; they will not autostart as they have in the past. Trying to see if anyone else has had that issue and if so how did you resolve it? I am on the latest version of Lectora 19.04 and the latest of Chrome and Success Factors and Reviewlink. Anyone have any ideas? I am publishing to SCORM, I turned off compression in case that was the issue; no change and I am not doing anything differently than I have a 1000 times before. Older published programs work as designed is just the new one that won't work correctly so was there an update in Lectora recently that would have changed this for me? Thanks. Melissa D

Best Answer

Answers

• carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 879 ♦ Idol ♦
    Also using Lectora 19 with Success Factors, and I am not seeing this problem.

Now, on mobile devices 100% of eLearnings will require a single tap-to-start at the beginning of the course, if using Seamless Publishing, and every page might require a tap-to-start if you turn Seamless off. Could that be the issue?
  • merceg
    Nope, have seamless turned off and this is happening on PCs using Chrome but not IE. Updated Chrome to latest version yesterday because my machine was behind apparently but that did not resolve the issue. Success Factors is looking on their end to try to figure it out. Makes no sense whatsoever because I am not doing anything differently than I have done a thousand times before. Thanks for answering me though.
  • merceg
    Thanks. That fixed the issue. Melissa