Drag and Drop

mmalhotra-9265
mmalhotra-9265 Community Member Posts: 205 ♪ Opening Act ♪
1. How do we implement drag and drop in Lectora?
2. I want three options given to be placed in respective HAPPY and SAD boxes.
3. How do I go about doing that?
4. Is that a part of gaming section of Lectora?

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I would use the standard Drag-drop test question type. Create an image you will use to drop your answers onto, and the question will allow you to identify drop areas you create/size, then create images for your answers, and check off which drop area(s) are acceptable answers.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam -

My expectation (page 1) vs reality (page 2).
    Something somewhere is being missed by me. Kindly guide.

Page 1 -

Page 2

Regards
    Malvika
  • cainam
    This type of question takes a little more leg work on your end (but better overall because it allows for unlimited possibilities). If you create your own drop image and drag images that match up nicely to each other, then you can upload them to the question. (sometimes you may need to reset your image sizes back to the original size after you get them on the page - question may shrink them down a bit to fit on the page. So I recommend adding images, then clicking OK so the question dialog closes, make sure image sizes are what you want, then go back in and size up your drop zones.

- Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam -

1. How can I create both happy and sad icons?
    2. Am I doing something incorrect?

• mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - Here is the attachment.
  • cainam
    You would need to have the icons as part of the same image. I would put both icons on the image, as well as a drop area above each icon so the user knows where to drop (or just make the drop area anywhere on the full icon of each face. (Or I guess you can select the checkbox option in the question to 'show drop zone outlines' in place of creating drop area boxes).
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - Isn't mine one below funny?

• cainam
    I have to admit I don't use the word 'Cribbing' too often, so sure! ; )
    Not sure if you are looking for any other instruction related to setting up the question, but in case you are:
    1. have the drop zones the same width/height and location in relation to the images
    2. have the choices located in the same area on the page (e.g., "drag the verb on the left to the correct image on the right")
    3. (Cribbing you have as a correct answer for both pictures, not sure if that was the intention)
    4. A different response for the correct feedback and incorrect feedback is usually better.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - Removed "CRIBBING".

This is how I am trying to set the drop options.
    I want to set 4 drag options against drop options, unable to do so. Missing basics I guess.

Regards
    Malvika
  • cainam
    You look like you have the 4 drop zones. Click on the icon on the right "Select Drop Zones to Reposition and Size". You likely have zones layered on top of each other. For the screenshot you have there for #4 (Hope), you are saying that you can drop it on any of the 4 drop zones and the the question will mark it correct (because you have the Correct column checked for each drop zone).
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam -

Now 'Happy' and 'Sad' doesn't appear.

Regards
    Malvika
  • cainam
    I think you are just naming the drop zones 'Happy' and 'sad' to help keep you organized - those aren't labels. If you want labels above the pictures, you can just add your own text boxes separate from the question itself?
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - If you were to do a drag and drop - how would you do this?
  • cainam
    Probably something like this:
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    Adam - You are a mentor.

Why is my Height not accepting a large number, it is getting restricted to double digit number - 14.
    Why is it so?

• cainam
    That is based on where your x/y coordinates are, and how much space there is left on your drop image. So the one I did, I modified that image to make it larger (so there was space to expand the drop zone). If you look, there is a different image in the images folder (.png file) with larger dimensions.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - Space issue..got it.
    However, my answer options are overlapping. Why is that so?

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    edited May 3, 2021
    Dropzones must have unique names, but you have 3 dropzones called "Happy".

@wheels There seems to be a bug with the respective warning. Lectora won't let me give duplicate names if I try to call 2 dropzones "happy" but "Happy" is possible ...
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @timk - There are three drag items under 'Happy' dropzone. Isn't that uniqueness. I am not sure of your query.

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Hm well, I cannot find the post to that I replied to any more... and I referred to an older screenshot. So what I wrote is true although not relevant for you.

The items overlap because they "Snap to Center of Drop Zones". Uncheck that option and it should work.
  • mmalhotra-9265
    another query (basic one)

How do I ensure/select that first three options are under Happy tab and 4th option is under Sad tab.

Regards
    Malvika

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 526 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    timk said:

Dropzones must have unique names, but you have 3 dropzones called "Happy".

@wheels There seems to be a bug with the respective warning. Lectora won't let me give duplicate names if I try to call 2 dropzones "happy" but "Happy" is possible ...

@tea please check this out and write a bug if necessary.
  • cainam
    click on each choice, then on the right, check only the answer that is correct. So instead of having both the Happy and Sad box checked, only check the Happy box. Same for the next 2. For the last option (criticism), only check the Sad drop zone as correct.
    - Adam Cain
  • mmalhotra-9265
    @cainam - This works Adam.
  • mmalhotra-9265
    What is going incorrect with this question?

Why are options for countries not reflecting?