Target lines missing in XLIFF files

jonashelgason
jonashelgason Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 1 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi
I wanted to use the translation tool in Lectora online. I did this a few months ago and when exporting to XLIFF I got pairs of lines, "source" and "target" - worked perfectly. Today I wanted to start translating a big title, exported to XLIFF - but now I only get the source lines. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong (I am quite new to lectora).
Regards
Jonas H.

Comments

  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    edited March 8, 2021
    Hi Jonas (@jonashelgason)

    We found out it was best practice to leave out the <target> elements. If you do not add a translation (target element) then it will be unchanged after you import it back.

    Most translation tools will add in the target tag for you.

    - Joe