EPS / SVG File Support

andrew-robertson
andrew-robertson Community Member Posts: 79 ♪ Opening Act ♪
edited March 6, 2021 in Lectora Desktop
I attempted to import an EPS file into my module, it says that it isn't recognized. Is that true? Is there future plans to incorporate the use of EPS file support?

I also just came across SVG file type, would I be better off using that format? If yes, does Lectora support that?

I only ask since it is really nice to ensure the mathematics remain for resizing of images based on screen size, etc.

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 263 ☆ Superstar ☆
    If you insert a picture from the menu, you will see the supported file types:
    - Adam Cain
  • andrew-robertson
    Thank you Adam. I would have never thought to check that out as I always drag/drop my assets into the application.

Do you think or will there ever be support for EPS or SVG file formats?
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 263 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I can't really comment on that - I don't have any knowledge/insight.
    - Adam Cain
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 817 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Converting EPS or SVG to WMF is really easy, for what that's worth.

In a different context, the CTO of ELB has told me that SVG is poorly supported on iOS, which might be a reason they haven't supported that format yet. Or not, I also, have no particular knowledge.

(Yes, I did use all those TLAs on purpose.)
  • andrew-robertson
    edited March 8, 2021
    Hmm. That's good to know, I've never heard of a WMF file and to honest when I first read it I assumed that it was the WMV file (the really poorly compressed video file from Windows). I will have to do some digging into that file type and become educated a bit more.

We used to use a combination of Flash/Lectora for our training materials and now we are solely transitioning to Lectora due to the EOL of Flash - hence the reason for all my questions.

Btw. Well done on the TLAs