Lectora edit and preview mode

gillilandjb
gillilandjb Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 1 ☆ Roadie ☆
I just installed Lectora and when I try to open a file it will not open in edit mode or preview mode. Is there a setting that I need to change to allow this to open correctly?

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    Hard to say exactly what might be the situation - did you restart the computer after installing just to make sure that wouldn't resolve the issue? Does it give you an error statement? If you are new to Lectora, are you trying to open the .awt file type or something else? Are you able to open Lectora to a new blank module and try to open the Lectora file from there?
    - Adam Cain
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 947 ♦ Idol ♦
    Agreeing with @cainam, it would be very helpful if you posted the exact sequence of steps you follow and exactly what happens. For instance: "I start Lectora version 19.0.3, then click File >> Open and navigate to myclass.awt, and double-click it. The Open window closes, but Lectora does not display anything in the left-hand object hierarchy and nothing displays on the stage." ("Stage" is actually terminology from Flash development, because I can't remember what Lectora calls that area.)
  • gillilandjb
    gillilandjb Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 1 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I am new to Lectora and I need to edit a completed training course. I open the training course from the saved file location. I can view the file in edit mode fine, but when I try to view in Run mode or Preview mode I get a white blank screen. Thanks
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 947 ♦ Idol ♦
    @gillilandjb, It's possible that the course uses some sort of non-Lectora tool (which could be anything from Flash interactions to JavaScript to something I haven't thought of), which the version of Lectora you have is not capable of displaying. Uploading a copy would let people check, if that's possible.

Can you publish the course to HTML and preview it that way?
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,197 ♦ Idol ♦
    I just checked in Lectora 19.0.3: Preview shows a white screen, in Run mode it doesn't turn white but it's definitely not running. There's nothing special on that page, Lectora standard elements only.

As Carl mentioned publish and test or use "Preview Page in Browser" which works in my case. It's better anyway as the browser is the target application. No learner will ever see the course in Run or Preview mode.