Browser Console Error

andrew-robertson
andrew-robertson Community Member Posts: 185 ☆ Superstar ☆
Good morning - we're frantically starting to transition from Flash to HTML products while we use Harman for this transition period.

Tested in the following browsers:
  • IE11 (v1809): Fully functional
  • Chrome (v88.0.4324.104): Fully functional
  • Microsoft Edge (v44.17763.831.0): Blank screen (see errors below)
Lectora19 Export settings:

Has anyone seen this error, if yes - how do I fix it?
Andrew R.
Developing content since 2010 using a mixed bag of tools.

Comments

• Christie Calahan
    Christie Calahan Community Member, Administrator, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 22 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Could you please submit a support ticket and include your exported content (File -> Export -> zip)? Also the version of Edge looks very old. Is this v44 because the most recent is v88 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel. Version 44 was pre-chromium and while still installed on machines, is no longer supported by Microsoft. I suggest updating your Edge browsers to the latest for best industry compatibility.
    docs.microsoft.comdocs.microsoft.com
    CHRISTIE CALAHAN  |  Senior Director of Marketing
    [email protected]

• andrew-robertson
    Hi Christie - thank you for your rapid response. Due to the sensitive security nature of this content, I cannot share the materials. However, we are indeed on an older version of EDGE (pre-chromium) at the moment and our IT department is slow at the deployment of the EDGE CHROMIUM version but it is in the works.

Thank you for your response and I will wait to create a service ticket re. this matter.
    Andrew R.
  • approg
    approg Community Member Posts: 258 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    My guess is that you've add some JavaScript or CSS as "top of file scripting" and Lectora has wrongly published it above the <!DOCTYPE html> tag in the HTML.
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    edited February 17, 2021
    Hi @andrew-robertson

The <!DOCTYPE html> issue is just a warning and it is coming from an ASP file which is part of whatever server application that is delivering this learning content. I believe this is not a serious issue.

There is a JavaScript error on line 944 in trivantis.js

For version 19 this is the line:
    944: if (nav.plugins != null && nav.plugins.length > 0) {

I cannot see why this would fail, although line 944 in trivantis.js might be something different for you if you do not have the latest v19 or have a private patch file.

This area of code has to do with Flash version detection. It's possible you have a plugin that is causing an issue. Try loading the content in an InPrivate window.

- Joe
  • andrew-robertson
    Thanks @wheels for the detailed response.

I am not a pro-web guy, but your description of what the issue is makes sense. I think it also has to do with an outdated version of our web browser because once I had our IT department do some updates, everything seemed to run smoothly.

We also (in the past 1-2 weeks) have upgraded to Lectora 19 and then subsequently to the most recent one of 19.0.4 (??). So everything for the most part is running smoothly.
    Andrew R.
  • andrew-robertson
    Thanks @wheels for the detailed response.

I am not a pro-web guy, but your description of what the issue is makes sense. I think it also has to do with an outdated version of our web browser because once I had our IT department do some updates, everything seemed to run smoothly.

We also (in the past 1-2 weeks) have upgraded to Lectora 19 and then subsequently to the most recent one of 19.0.4 (??). So everything for the most part is running smoothly.
    Andrew R.