VR Course Contest

Show us your best virtual reality course and win $50 gift card and a winner badge!
CHECK IT OUT

SCORM student name from Oracle LMS

ccook-6998
ccook-6998 Community Member Posts: 2 ☆ Roadie ☆
I am populating a certificate of completion in the course with the student name and current date. I've done this on at least six other LMS systems and it works. I create a dummy text field for each data element (name and date). Then replace the contents of those fields with AICC_Student_Name and CurrentDate, respectively. On the Oracle LMS, it is not working.

Any ideas, thoughts or help is much appreciated.

Answers

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 238 ✶ Headliner ✶
    Seems like that should work... have you tried any other variables just to see if all communication is blocked? (Like maybe AICC_Student_ID)? Side topic - my company may be moving the Oracle LMS in the next year... how do you like it?
    - Adam Cain
  • ccook-6998
    ccook-6998 Community Member Posts: 2 ☆ Roadie ☆
    edited January 19, 2021
    Adam, In my current role, I don't manage the LMS but from a courseware developer perspective and from a user perspective, I am not a fan. I've used CornerStone, Coursemill, Moodle, and others as well as homegrown SCORM systems that were more intuitive than the Oracle system. Take a good look at their documentation to get an idea of the frustration ahead.