The Big Launch - Exciting News From eLearning Brothers

IT'S NOT TOO LATE! Register today to see how we're rocking the eLearning experience now!

REGISTER NOW

tap / click here to begin the course

CptCommanderCptCommander Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 1 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi everyone!

In Lectora 18, there is an option for disable the auto-start message "tap / click here to begin the course"?

Thanks you :)

Comments

• cainamcainam Community Member Posts: 215 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I'm not exactly sure what you are asking - can you clarify please?
    - Adam Cain
  • wheelswheels Administrator Posts: 476 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    You can turn off auto-start on any media you have. The message only comes up when a browser will inhibit auto-start and auto-start is set.

Also discussed here.
  • carlfinkcarlfink Community Member Posts: 701 ✶ Headliner ✶
    @wheels, I beg to differ. I think @CptCommander is referring to the initial "click once to start the course" play button that appears on all Seamless courses.
    @carlfink that's what I am talking about also, it should only come up if there is any auto-start media in the course.
  • carlfinkcarlfink Community Member Posts: 701 ✶ Headliner ✶
    @wheels ... you know, I always have some sort of media (if only sound) in my courses, so I never realized that.
  • v01dv01d Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 4 ☆ Roadie ☆
    On a related note, is it possible to force the "tap/click here message" for courses not published with Seamless Play?

I've had a great deal of trouble getting auto-start media to work otherwise.
    edited January 5, 2021
    @v01d if you do not publish to seamless play then for each page that contains an auto-start media we check to see if the browser allows auto-start, if not we display the tap/click page. If you are not seeing this behavior our Customer Success team would love to know this so they could collect the necessary information to trouble-shoot.

For you I would suggest that you make your own Tap/Click here button if you wish to force it:
    • Set your media to NOT auto-start
    • Overlay the page with your own Tap/Click button
    • Have an action on the button to start the media
    • Have another action that will hide the Tap/Click button
  • v01dv01d Community Member, Lectora® Accessibility Group (LAUG) Member, eLearning Brothers® Partner Posts: 4 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Thanks for such a swift response @wheels!

I'm on L17 and don't see the tap/click page on any screen that contains auto-start media. The method you described would certainly work, however my courses are large (100+ screen technical training) and I plan to be quite liberal with the sound effects - having a tap/click overlay on every page would really detract from the UX.

I've avoided seamless play to date as it breaks a lot of the custom Javascript animations I have peppered throughout the interface... I may need to bite the bullet and get my courses Seamless Play ready!
    edited January 11, 2021
    Unfortunately it would not be an easy task to back-port those changes, since there have been a lot of media player changes. When 17 was released browsers were not as picky about auto starting media and we did not have to display the tap/click to start page when running on a desktop/pc platform.