Text search

carlfink
carlfink Community Member Posts: 842 ☆ Superstar ☆
Hi,

Something that would be useful to me (and I believe others): text search, not unlike what's in Lectora (and almost every other program). I changed a graphic, and I wanted to find every info card that refers to that, but I can't search for the word "green" in all objects in all scenes in my scenario.

By the way, in this discussion system, "New idea" is a profoundly unintuitive phrase to mean "Start a new discussion thread." Its placement also offers an incorrect affordance, since it seems to be attached to a column listing of other boards, not to the current discussion area. You might want to engage a designer (as opposed to software developer) to work on the interface.
Tagged:
1 votes

Open For Voting · Last Updated

Comments

• hvaughan-2540
    hvaughan-2540 Community Member Posts: 131 ✶ Headliner ✶
    Agree, a search feature would be useful to find all instances and linkages of objects. E.g. I'd like a search to find all purple coloured background info cards and then be able to change them to green (although a style template type feature would sort this as well).
  • AndrewTownsend
    AndrewTownsend Community Manager | Campaign Marketing Manager Administrator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 58 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team

Agree, a search feature would be useful to find all instances and linkages of objects. E.g. I'd like a search to find all purple coloured background info cards and then be able to change them to green (although a style template type feature would sort this as well).

@hvaughan-2540 you can give Carl's post a vote and this will push it to the top of the development ideas list. Thanks for taking the time!
    Andrew Townsend | Campaign Marketing Manger
    eLearning Brothers
  • hvaughan-2540
    hvaughan-2540 Community Member Posts: 131 ✶ Headliner ✶
    I would but there doesn't seem to be a Vote Up button for his original post, only the comments.
  • AndrewTownsend
    AndrewTownsend Community Manager | Campaign Marketing Manager Administrator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 58 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll get this fixed right away.
    eLearning Brothers
  • carlfink
    @AndrewTownsend, while you're at it: why can I like, vote up, or agree with a comment ... but only one of those. If I agree with something, apparently that means I don't like it! :)
  • AndrewTownsend
    The agree, like, vote up, and lol markers are following a Facebook social media model where you can only use one. I know many of us are used to the Slack model where you can send as many emojis and reactions as you want. So select judiciously.
    eLearning Brothers
  • carlfink
    edited December 15, 2020
    @AndrewTownsend, false affordance again. If one can only select a single reaction marker, they should be presented as either a drop-down (or pop-up) list, or with radio buttons. Three stand-alone buttons visually says "Pick any or all of these." See how, for instance, Facebook does it. Or Yammer.