Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.

Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!

Apply for exclusive early access to the latest version of Lectora® Desktop v21. Seating is limited so make sure you apply now!

Opening 2 Lectora files simultaneously

mmalhotra-9265mmalhotra-9265 Community Member Posts: 59 ☆ Roadie ☆
Is it possible to open 2 Lectora files simultaneously with same version or different version on my system.

Comments

• smiller7502smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    It sure is! Open the first file however you like. Then outside Lectora, locate the second file; use File Explorer in Windows or Finder in MacOS. When you double-click the second file, it will open in a second instance of Lectora.

It would be nice to be able to open multiple files in the same instance, but I've done this a lot and it works fine.
  • wheelswheels Administrator Posts: 459 eLearning ROCKSTAR Stage Manager
    And some ancillary information too:

You can also open multiple titles in Lectora Online by launching them from the dashboard.

In both cases Desktop and Online you can copy and paste between titles.
  • mmalhotra-9265mmalhotra-9265 Community Member Posts: 59 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Hi,

When I click the second file (both desktop version 19), I get the attached message.

Regards

Malvika
  • carlfinkcarlfink Community Member Posts: 650 ✶ Headliner ✶
    Malvika, open Lectora 19 a second time from the Windows Program menu, then use File >> Open within L19 to open the second course.
  • mmalhotra-9265mmalhotra-9265 Community Member Posts: 59 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Thank you Carl..this is really helpful.

Regards

Malvika