Can't read Closed-Captioning

debdeb Community Member Posts: 39
First, I am using the WebVTT captioning format since that is recommended. I thought the captioning used to have a shaded box behind it. Now there is nothing. You can't read the text over any light backgrounds. I tried changing the font color, size, and location at the start of the captioning. I am following the examples using the <span> to set it up, but nothing changes. Is there a way to add a dark box behind the captioning text - that would be ideal? I've uploaded a video to show you what I am talking about.

Comments

• Hello Deb.  On you first issues, any changes you make in a span tag only effects the text in that span tag pair. It is not a file wide setting.  if there is not text betweent the <span> and </span> tag pair, then no changes will be made.

<span style="text-align:right;"></span>

Closed caption text line number one.

This would not apply the text-align command to the text.  The following would:

<span style="text-align:right;">Closed caption text line number one.</span>

We are looking at the second issue of the caption background box not displaying.
  • wheelswheels Administrator Posts: 476 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi @Deb,

John asked me to follow up here, the development team is looking into these issues.

You can add a background color to captions using the following temporary workaround:
    LO Title-&gt;On Show-&gt; Run JavaScript
    triv$( &#039;.mejs__captions-text&#039;, getDisplayDocument() ).css(&quot;background-color&quot;,&quot;black&quot;);

- Joe