Forward / Backward Compatibility Versions 18 & 19?

nscott8678
nscott8678 Community Member Posts: 14
I am about to upgrade from Lectora 18 to 19 and wondering if there are any compatibility issues going forwards or backwards between versions?

While I wait for the upgrade, I have some titles which I will start to develop in 18, but they may get finished in 19. Others in my team may stay on 18 to perform title updates.

I'm just being super cautious given that there have been issues like this in the past.

Cheers

Neil

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 290 ☆ Superstar ☆
    You can have both programs installed on your machine - so you do a bit of testing before you make a full commitment.  ; )
    - Adam Cain
  • jeckhart6008
    jeckhart6008 Community Member Posts: 9
    New features in Lectora 19 are not backwards compatible with Lectora 18. So things like custom button states or event timeline actions will not work when reverting from 19 to 18. But other than that, Adam makes a good point about testing.
  • jeckhart6008
    jeckhart6008 Community Member Posts: 9
    Don't edit Lectora 19 titles in version 18. You can always backup/archive your Lectora 18 content by exporting the title to zip. Be sure to include the Lectora version in your filename for easy identification. You can then open it with Lectora 18 or with future versions of Lectora.