Font changing to Times New Roman in Chrome and Safari

eleinbach4818
eleinbach4818 Community Member Posts: 4
I made all my buttons Arial 12pt. However, when I go to preview my course in anything but IE, all the buttons display as Times New Roman. The same thing is happening when I publish my scorm files to Scorm Cloud. All the buttons display as Times New Roman in Chrome and Safari. I tried to just go re-apply the Arial font to the buttons, but it doesn't make a difference since they are currently showing as Arial in build mode. How do I fix this? I am using Lectora 19.

Comments

• raungnaing
    raungnaing Community Member Posts: 35
    Hi Elizabeth,

Can you provide a sample title that exhibits the problem? You can just zip up the folder containing the .awt file.

Robert.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 290 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Just curious - did you create all of these buttons from scratch, or did you create one, and then copy/paste?

Does the same thing happen if you create a new button from scratch?
    - Adam Cain
  • eleinbach4818
    @cainam It's all buttons. Ones made from scratch and ones I copied and pasted.
  • eleinbach4818
    Attached is a part of the course
  • raungnaing
    raungnaing Community Member Posts: 35
    The issue seems to be related to the title being non-Responsive. For the time being as a workaround, please enable Responsive Title (Design | Title Options) and disable the 4 mobile views.

Robert.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 842 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Doesn't do that for me. I published both to ReviewLink and to HTML for local preview, and the buttons remain Arial. See attachment (which is from ReviewLink).

This is Lectora 18. What version are you using?
  • cainam
    Elizabeth is on 19.  I have both, but haven't started using 19 yet - I have to say, at least the buttons look a whole lot better in the browser in v19 than they do in 18!
    - Adam Cain
  • tea
    tea Community Member Posts: 128
    @eleinbach4818 Hi Elizabeth. I used the title you provided and can see your errors. Then I did as Robert suggested, make the title Responsive and turn off the lower views, and the buttons look correct. I'll open a tracking bug, but for now that workaround corrects the issue.
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 530 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    In v19 the team refactored how text is added to the Buttons, you are right Adam @cainam they do look a LOT better!
  • web-foley
    web-foley Community Member Posts: 51 ✶ Headliner ✶
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Chrome.

Rendered page with the Enable Responsive Title selected (and only Desktop chosen) worked as a fix for me.

Converting some courses from L18 to L19 I noticed ALL my Buttons that had text on them changed from the Arial they once were to a font that has a serif when published/previewed — and I couldn't change them back. Freaked out!

Inspecting the Published (or web-previewed) page and inspecting the element I see the font-family: \"Arial\";. Now, if I alter the element in the inspection panel to font-family: Arial; it (temporarily) appears correctly. Alternatively, when I look at the element with Enable Responsive Title selected it generated the proper font-family: "Arial";

Hopefully eLearning Bros will update with that tracked fix soon to output the correct Publish style instead of this:
    font-family: \"Arial\";

Glad I popped into the forum.

-Darrell.
  • skings5565
    skings5565 Community Member Posts: 11
    UPDATE: Fixed by going to Design Tab, Title options, Enable Responsive Title (I then disabled tablet and phone).

Hi,

When I upgraded to Lectora 19 all the buttons in courses created in Lectora 18 are now displaying in a serif font (rather than Arial) when viewed in any browser or on the lms. They continue to work fine in 18.

Anyone got a quick fix as it is going to be a long process updating ALL buttons?

Thanks,

Sophia
  • cainam
    Sophia - did you try the trick mentioned above?  (enable responsive title, and only check desktop if that is all you want?)
    - Adam Cain
  • skings5565
    skings5565 Community Member Posts: 11
    Thank you @cainam