Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.
Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!
In need of help with your eLearning? Feel free to ask a question of the community! You can also visit our Knowledge Base or, if you're in need of immediate assistance, submit a case to our Customer Success team.
Using a timer across multiple pages issue
I'm trying to create a reminder feature, where the learner is prompted every 40 minutes to take a break.
I've got the following objects added to my package, and whilst it performs as desired in Lectora Online preview mode, it doesn't work correctly when published to ReviewLink or my LMS. The correct behaviour is that the timer runs for 40 minutes, then when it's completed it opens a popup-page (if the variable is set to 1). What is happening when publishing is that the popup-page opens each time the learner moves to a new page.
- Title > AU > OnShowPlay action object
- Play 'TakeABreakTimer' object IF VAR 'BreakRemindersEnabled' = 1 ELSE Stop 'TakeABreakTimer' object
- This should play the timer if it's stopped but only when the variable is set to 1. Otherwise, stop the timer from running (e.g. the variable is 0).
- Title > AU > TakeABreakTimer timer object
- Set to Countdown, 40 minutes. AutoStart is Disabled (the timer is started by the OnShowPlay action)
- Title > AU > TakeABreakTimer > TimerAction action object
- Done Playing 'TakeABreakTimer' Run Action Group 'TaBTimerRuntimeActions' IF VAR 'BreakRemindersEnabled' = 1 ELSE Do Nothing
- When the timer reaches 0, run the action group only if the variable is set to 1, otherwise do nothing.
- Title > AU > TaBTimerRuntimeActions group - Contains 3 actions:
- OnGroupStop - Stop 'TakeABreakTimer' Always
- OnGroupDispMsg - Display Page 'Take a Break' in popup IF VAR 'BreakRemindersEnabled' = 1 ELSE Do Nothing
- OnGroupPlay - Play 'TakeABreakTimer' IF VAR 'BreakRemindersEnabled' = 1 ELSE Do Nothing
It's also my understanding that if I play a timer that has finished, it should effectively restart from the 40 minutes it was set to, is that correct?
I would welcome any critique on this issue, as to whether it's my logic of the actions, or if this is a fault (as Lectora Online preview is doing one thing, which is different when published).
Thanks in advance,
P.S. Not attached are the IF statements - they are all identical. Screenshots 2-7 are zipped as limited number of file uploads.
- 33 ✫ Announcements
- 3 ✪ Contests
- 33.9K eLearning Brothers® Products
- 1 AssetLibrary™
- AssetLibrary Discussions
- 1 AssetLibrary Feature Requests
- 4 CenarioVR®
- 95 CenarioVR Discussions
- 29 CenarioVR Feature Requests
- 100 CourseMill Discussions
- 19 Lectora®
- 1K Lectora Discussions
- 1.9K Lectora Feature Requests
- 51 Lectora User Groups
- 2 Off-the-Shelf Course Library
- 1 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Discussions
- 1 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Feature Requests
- 1 The Training Arcade®
- 1 The Training Arcade Discussions
- The Training Arcade Feature Requests
- 2 Additional Learning Products
- 1 Camtasia®
- 1 iSpring®
- Microsoft® PowerPoint®
- 284 All Things eLearning
- 3 Course Development Showcase
- 1 eLearning Brothers® Downloads
- 1 Compliance Training
- eLearning Development
- eLearning Game Design
- 7 Instructional Design
- 264 Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- 2 Mobile Learning
- 2 Visual Design
- 317 Web Accessibility
- 579 ♪ The Green Room
- 2 ♡ Community Feedback