eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Title attribute tooltip

web-foley
web-foley Community Member Posts: 55 ✶ Headliner ✶
Recently I posted a request to be able to add a title to links for accessibility so that a screen reader would be able to let the learner know when a link opens a new browser tab/window. Accessibility options properties for hyperlinks
Joe Wieloch graciously informed me of adding the Javascript:
triv$('[id*=text] a', getDisplayDocument()).attr('title','This link opens in a new browser window.')
This works great! But made me wonder why this could not be used to enhance a course where a tooltip would be beneficial to the learner beyond simply accessibility requirements. I'm hoping to see it as a properties option in a future release.

-Darrell

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 557 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi Darrell @Web-Foley

We discussed this at the LAUG (Lectora Accessibility User Group) meeting and did not understand it enough. Seems like the text in the hyperlink should be enough information. I believe that was the general consensus, but they also said maybe they don't understand the issue well enough.

However, you make a great point that this could be useful for all titles if an author wants to provide tooltips for hyperlinks.

I will write this up for Product Management to take a look at it.

- Joe