Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.

Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!

Apply for exclusive early access to the latest version of Lectora® Desktop v21. Seating is limited so apply now!

In need of help with your eLearning? Feel free to ask a question of the community! You can also visit our Knowledge Base or, if you're in need of immediate assistance, submit a case to our Customer Success team.

First focus not highlighting

vickivicki Community Member Posts: 55
I just updated to Lectora 19.0.3 from 18.2.3. I have a Skip to Content transparent button as my first object in the title explorer (after two actions).

In 18.2.3, when I hit Tab, the Skip to Content transparent button would highlight. In 19.0.3, when I hit tab, it does not highlight but will work.

I turned on NVDA to make sure it is the first object found and it is. It is read like it is supposed to.

The only thing I changed was to set it Always on Top because a breadcrumb box does overlay the Skip to Content transparent button. That had no effect. I tried shortening the breadcrumb box, and that did not make a difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Vicki

Comments

• ethomas5519ethomas5519 Community Member Posts: 7
    Sorry Vicki, this was a bug introduced in v19.  As a work-around until we get it fixed you can add an action to the transparent button with a trigger of Show and an action of Run JavaScript.  Set the JavaScript to the following:

%HTMLNAME%.setStateOpacity({"disabledState":1,"downState":1,"normalState":1,"overState":1});
    %HTMLNAME%.rebuildDefs();
    %HTMLNAME%.setDisabled(false);
  • vickivicki Community Member Posts: 55
    Hi Eric,

Thank you for your solution. However, it didn't work. I added the action and javascript to the transparent button but when I publish to ReviewLink, I just get a blank screen.

I then replaced %HTMLNAME% with the buttons HTML name, and that didn't work. Still a blank screen.

Next, I replaced your script with a script we had previously used to show the focus on page show, but yet, again, blank page on ReviewLink.

I removed that action altogether, and I finally got the content.

I am either doing something wrong or Trivantis/eLearning Brothers messed something up bad.

Thank you again, Eric for your input.
  • ethomas5519ethomas5519 Community Member Posts: 7
    I'm sorry to hear the fix did not work for you.  If you care to share your title, I can post a link for upload and take a look.  The fix for this problem should be in v19.1 which is due out in September.