Quest Support

smahaley-9356
smahaley-9356 Community Member Posts: 9 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi - Is there any indication as to when CenarioVR will support Oculus Quest (app install)?  I have projects lining up, and some clients already have an installed base of Quests (enterprise edition).

Thanks -

Steve

Comments

• t_johnb
    t_johnb [email protected] Community Member Posts: 295 ☆ Roadie ☆

Absolutely, CenarioVR supports the Oculus Quest. Check the post here:

https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/oculus-quest-support/

And there is further good new coming for the Quest, Oculus will be allowing Enterprise apps on it natively in the future, although they haven't fully specified what that support will be:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/the-next-chapter-of-oculus-development-and-a-new-quest-distribution-path-coming-in-2021/

• smahaley-9356
    Thanks very much, John -

I've done the side-load process on Quests; I was hopeful that there would be an app downloadable from the internets...I'll make sure my clients have the .apk links.

Steve
  • t_johnb
    t_johnb [email protected] Community Member Posts: 295 ☆ Roadie ☆
    The only downside is that sideloaded apps do not auto update, so as new features are released, although we will keep that link updated, it will be a manual update to the Quest device.

Again, something I hope and expect Oculus to clean up when they allow Enterprise Apps on the consumer device.
  • smahaley-9356
    edited December 11, 2020
    Follow up: It looks like Quest (gen 1) has had a navigational update and my sideloaded content (under unknown sources) is hard to find! Here's a youtube that outlines it - basically you have to nav to all apps, and scroll to the unknown sources list.
  • AndrewTownsend
    AndrewTownsend Community Manager | Campaign Marketing Manager Community Member, Administrator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 59 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Thanks @smahaley-9356 for the info. I think my Quest is updated all the way.... and I am still able to view it under unknown sources. But maybe I need to do an update.
    Andrew Townsend | Campaign Marketing Manger
    eLearning Brothers