Usability on phones-messageboxes

carlfink
carlfink Community Member Posts: 938 ♦ Idol ♦
Hi,

So I'm developing more and more for phones. A lot of my PC-based designs use the Action "Display Message". It works fine on larger screens (tablet or PC) but on a phone, the text is minuscule and very hard to read. In a responsive course, shouldn't Lectora recognize the environment it's in and make the text actually readable?

For the time being I can work around this by using "Display Page in Popup" instead, but that's clunky and more time consuming. Please consider making Display Message work better on phones.

Thanks.

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    For Lectora Online I believe we scale the text up. I will look into this.

We have also talked about adding configuration for dialog boxes, to adjust the look, colors, fonts, etc. It seems on mobile a dialog should fill up the screen so there is less confusion. This should also allow overrides per view.

Our workaround is to tell authors to navigate to a page. Then on the page have a close button which runs a Go to Previous Page action. Inside of a random test this may not be possible, but in general it works nicely on mobile devices.

This is written up and will be discussed more in the near future. Thanks.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 938 ♦ Idol ♦
    Your solution sounds comparable to my Display Popup, but without involving the browser's "another tab" functionality. Thanks.