Deleting Recent Titles

jhauglie5350
jhauglie5350 Community Member Posts: 25
Does anyone have a recommended method of deleting entries from the "Recent Titles" that appear when opening Lectora? I found an old posting that suggested a registry hack, but our present IT support views such a request to the HelpDesk as equivalent to a career-limiting action. I'm just looking for a way to clean things up.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    I'm on the newest version. Recent files are saved in this key (your key number  [S-1-5-21..etc] may be slightly different).

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2535868332-3526089791-2120284538-1001\Software\Trivantis\Lectora Inspire\12.00\Recent File List

Delete the files (file1, file 2, etc) and it will clear the recently used file list.

I don't have to tell you that you must be very careful when editing the registry, right?

• jhauglie5350
    Thanks Darrel! Sadly, our IT group has restricted all access to the registry - like I said, it's a career-limiting request to the Help Desk to even mention it, let alone try to edit an entry....

But I appreciate knowing that it can be done. (-:
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 290 ☆ Superstar ☆
    How about creating a dozen new fake modules to push those other ones off the list?
    - Adam Cain
  • jhauglie5350
    I may do that! <yoda>There is no try, there is only do.</yoda>

Thanks y'all!
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 842 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Darrell, did you just suggest a registry hack to hide evidence of a registry hack?
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Anything is possible