Tracking to disable repeated audio

jhauglie5350
jhauglie5350 Community Member Posts: 25
Hi y'all. I have a page that has three separate links to different screens. The user must click through each link and then review that content before returning to the first page. The "link backs" are working fine. The problem is that there's a brief narrative audio that needs to play only the first time the user hits the first page. I've spent the afternoon banging my head with variables and tracking but the audio continues to play when I return to the page; I can't seem to find the proper combination of luck and skill that will disable the audio after the first page visit. Does anyone have a different way to resolve this problem other than variables and tracking?

Blessings on you for your time and patience!

Comments

• lsilver
    lsilver Community Member Posts: 80
    Hi Joe - Here's what I recommend.
    • First, turn off Auto Play for the audio file.
    • Then create a FirstTime custom variable.
    • Add an On Done Playing action to the audio that sets the FirstTime variable to "no".
    • Add another action On Show of the page to Play the audio file IF FirstTime does not equal "no".
    Let us know if this works.
  • jhauglie5350
    <flowers>:D</flowers>
    <chocolate>TY!!</chocolate>

Many thanks, Laura! Works perfectly! Awesome start to the morning!!!

JoeH
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 996 ✭ Legend ✭
    Adding to Laura's suggestion: set the default value of FirstTime to "Yes" and do not save values between sessions.
  • jhauglie5350
    Carl, thanks!! This is what I did! Nice to know I'm on the right track!
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Feature suggestion: add property "autoplay everytime / autoplay once per page / autoplay once per course" to audio elements so we don't have to build this functionality every time ;)