Custom Certificates & Date Display

clammers
clammers Community Member Posts: 122 ♪ Opening Act ♪
Is there any way to apply a date mask to a custom certificate? Default certificates display the date as MMMM DD, YYYY (e.g., August 12, 2019); however, custom certificates display the date as YYYY-MM-DD (e.g., 2019-08-12)

There doesn't appear to be anything listed in the Working with Certificates information, and I was hoping to display the dates the same on both the default and custom certificates.

Comments

• tomdupont
    tomdupont Community Member Posts: 6
    I do custom certs like this:

On the .ini file:

CompCertDaySize=14
    CompCertDayX=490
    CompCertDayY=305
    CompCertMonthYearSize=14
    CompCertMonthYearX=490
    CompCertMonthYearY=430

Looks like this:

John Smith completed this course on the __(Day)___th day of ___Month___,  __Year___.

• clammers
    Certainly a workaround - and worth considering, but wouldn't that put you in situations where the date displays something like:

John Smith completed this course on the 3th day of 82019
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    In Lectora Desktop you can specify the format of the date in publish strings (preferences):
    https://www.trivantis.com/help/Lectora/18.2/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#457.html?Highlight=func

Otherwise you could include moment.min.js and use the examples there to set the formatted time, then put that into a Lectora variable:
    https://momentjs.com
  • clammers
    This would be for Lectora though, correct? We do utilize in-course certificates and use this feature; however, the issue is with CourseMill.
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 574 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Ah! @clammers you are right, please excuse my mistake...
  • jeckhart6008
    jeckhart6008 Community Member Posts: 9
    Unfortunately, there is no way to customize the completion date.

The formatting does vary slightly between languages. For example, Spanish users will get a date format of dd/MM/yyyy.