Issue with a Click to Reveal Variable

amansfield8753
amansfield8753 Community Member Posts: 18
I've created a page where learners need to click on 11 different buttons to advance to the next page. They can click the buttons in whatever order they want. After a learner clicks one of the buttons a check mark will appear beside the button to let the learner know they don't need to click on it again.

The issue I've ran into is if the leaner decides to click on the 10th or 11th button first then a check mark will appear beside that button as well as the first button (which they have not click yet).

I have set the Actions as the following....

Show: Check 10

Conditions: IF

Variable: var_Pg7_CTRStatus

Relationship: Contains

Value: _10

Show: Check 11

Conditions: IF

Variable: var_Pg7_CTRStatus

Relationship: Contains

Value: _11

Can anyone suggest a way to keep the first check mark from appearing until the learner clicks on the first button?

Thank you,

Anthony

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 290 ☆ Superstar ☆
    maybe instead of 'contains' try 'equal to'?
    - Adam Cain
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    When you click and add "_10" the variable would also contain "_1". In most cases like this it's easier to not use numbers. Just add "a" for the first and "j" for the tenth to have unique values for each button.
  • amansfield8753
    amansfield8753 Community Member Posts: 18
    I appreciate the feedback, Adam.

Thanks Tim! This morning I used _010 and _011 and was able to make it work.
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 530 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    I know a lot of authors will use a delimiter at the start and end for these types of conditions.

I just did an interaction where I used:

!Q1! !Q2! ... etc

Then when comparing or doing a modify variable 'add' or 'subtract' I would always use the complete item

if contains !Q1! or add !Q2! or subtract !Q100! etc