Closed Captioning not working at all

schapman1885
schapman1885 Community Member Posts: 53
I am unable to get Closed Captioning to work at all. I'm using Publisher 18.1.4, Chrome  76.0.3809.100 , Firefox 68.0.1, or IE 11.855.17134. I am using VTT file. I have CC set to on as default. I cannot get the CC to work at all. In Chrome, I get "Unsafe attempt to load URL from frame."

The previous courses I did with working CC also no longer work.

Comments

• tea
    tea Community Member Posts: 128
    Hi @schapman1885 you mention that in Chrome you get “Unsafe attempt to load URL from frame.”, does FF and IE also give any sort of error message, or are they working for you and only Chrome is failing?

My Chome is Version 75.0.3770.142 and CC is working ok, I'll update and see if I get this error.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Post a sample (redacted, if necessary) if you want additional help or we will just be guessing.
  • schapman1885
    Give me a few to strip it down.
  • schapman1885
    Try this....
  • tea
    I don't see the attachment
  • schapman1885
    I had some internet issues yesterday.  But, I'm back online now.
  • tea
    Hi @schapman1885 I am able to run your sample title without any issues. You said you also had older titles that were working, but not they are also giving this error?  Do you see this error with a simple publish to HTML, or is this in an LMS?

I searched for that error message and some things point to a domain issue. Were there any recent changes made to your network?
  • schapman1885
    My older courses also no longer work. I cannot get it to run in FF at all, it won't even start...gets caught in a loop. In IE, no captions.  I am running this locally on my machine... so, I'm not sure what to do next.
  • schapman1885
    So, I loaded it up to scorm cloud and was able to see the CC. Not ideal, but, I guess it may be a new testing step for me.
  • tea
    Glad you're able to see them in scorm cloud. I'll check with some others to see if they know why you'd starting getting that issue when running locally. My Chrome is the same version as yours now, and I am still not having any problems with CC
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 842 ☆ Superstar ☆
    @tea, you wrote, "My Chrome is the same version as yours now ..."

@schapman1885 says that she used "FF" (FireFox) and it failed.

One could speculate that the tiny web server Lectora uses for previews is being blocked by <span class="handle-sign">@&lt;/span>schapman1885's firewall (XSS blocking?).

• schapman1885
    And the solution was to run chrome.exe  --allow-access-from-files  So, @CarlFink... I think you're onto something.