eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Easy Reset and Undo buttons for drag and drop

Please place these as easy options to select versus having to write actions and variable and/or Java to make it happen.

Comments

• nstephenson4471
    nstephenson4471 Community Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have a way to do reset and undo buttons for drag and drop interactions? Please help! Thanks.

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 557 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi,

You should be able to reset a drag and drop question by doing one the following actions:

Reset Question or
    Change Contents

I'm not sure if that is what you are after. If you want a step by step undo, that's a bit trickier, can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to do or post an example title here?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • nstephenson4471
    nstephenson4471 Community Member Posts: 7
    Here's a screenshot of my D&D activity. If someone does not put these icons into the correct category, they will get a feedback message upon clicking the submit button. This says for them to try again. If they are not correct in their choices, I need all of the icons to go back to their original locations.

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 557 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    @nstephenson4471 can you put that page into a Library Object and attach it here? I would like to see why Change Contents would not reset that question (for change contents select the question and just leave the value empty).
  • schapman1885
    schapman1885 Community Member Posts: 53
    @wheels ... exactly what does the Change Contents look like? I'm working on an interaction right now... not sure I've gotten is set up correctly.
  • wheels
    @schapman1885 Sorry I'm not understanding the question. Executing a Change Contents with the Question object as the target and no value (blank, empty) would reset the question back to unanswered, and move back the drag items. Are you using a Drag / Drop question or is this some other custom interaction?