Lectora 18 Crashing

cclark1204
cclark1204 Community Member Posts: 16
I recently installed Lectora 18 on my work machine, and it was working fine until 2-3 weeks ago.  I closed out of it like normal, then the next morning when I attempted to open it again, it opened briefly and crashed immediately afterwards.  I tried a few more times, restarting my computer each time, with no luck.

I submitted a support ticket, and was advised to download the service pack, which I did.  If I shut down or close out of Lectora, I am not able to reopen it, and must reinstall the program in order to use the program.  I have emailed Trivantis at least twice to advise of the issue, and have received no response.

Has anyone encountered this issue?  If so, was it a problem with Lectora or something having to do with your machine?

Comments

• cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 289 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Does this happen no matter how you try to open Lectora?  (either opening the application be default shortcut, or also if you try to open up a specific project file?)
    - Adam Cain
  • cclark1204
    Yes.  No matter how I try opening Lectora, it crashes immediately afterwards.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 842 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Did you call Trivantis support? By phone?
  • tea
    tea Community Member Posts: 128
    have you tried rebooting your PC?  If Lectora used to run fine and then you started having issues starting it, maybe some process is running that is causing problems?
  • cclark1204
    Yes, and I am unable to speak with someone live.  It takes me to voicemail, which will then create another ticket.
  • carlfink
    If you start Lectora from the command line (instructions below) does it emit any error message when it crashes?
    1. Press the Win key + r to get the Run dialog box.
    2. Type "cmd" and press Enter.
    3. In the Command window, type (or copy from this window and paste)
      cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Trivantis\Lectora Publisher 17"
    4. Type lectora.exe and press Enter.
  • cclark1204
    No error message.  It looks like it will open, then the screen disappears.

I have Lectora 17 on my machine, and need to keep 17 to work on project from previous years.  I am wondering if having 17 is causing 18 to crash.
  • carlfink
    I have not had the experience of 17 interfering with 18, but I haven't had 18 installed for months because 17 works and 18 had bugs. (I haven't had a reason to upgrade lately. I certainly hope those bugs have been fixed.)