Display messages are showing up differently between Lectora and LMS

sscherer1831
sscherer1831 Community Member Posts: 3
Throughout the training module I am working on in Lectora Inspire there are various links with display messages that appear when you click on the.  When I view these messages in Lectora Inspire they look correct but when I view them within our LMS training platform they look totally different. How can I fix this.  I am on Lectora Inspire 18.

Below you will find two images, one that is the correct message view from Lectora Inspire and the other is the incorrect view from LMS

Comments

• sscherer1831
    I forgot to metion I dont know why on the incorrect display message image there is a caution triangle symbol along with no header.  disregard the blackout boxes, that is just to hide content.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Can you click on the exclamation or right click and see what the message is?  Maybe it is a pop-up blocker?  When you view from Lectora (preview in browser) does it function as expected?

Are these your own created pop-up messages, or using Lectora's 'Display Message' action?

- Adam Cain
  • sscherer1831
    Yes, when I view in Lectora’s preview browser it works just fine.   I am using Lectora’s display message action, not my own.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Might be better to use your own instead of using a display message action.  Just have a text box (or similar) initially hidden that shows when you click the requisite button.  Then have an action on that text box to hide when clicked.
    - Adam Cain
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 840 ☆ Superstar ☆
    The exclamation point in a yellow triangle indicates a "Warning" dialog as displayed by Microsoft Windows. Presumably that's what Lectora's JavaScript is triggering.

You could use the JS "alert" method, or just create custom windows as Adam suggests.