Drag'n'drop tempermental

kpeverill3403
kpeverill3403 Community Member Posts: 13
So I have a very, very simple drag'n'drop.

4 options, 4 drop zones.

Looks good in Editor.

Soon as I preview - and I made the drop zones green outline for testing - it won't show drop zones or allow items to be dragged.

Any ideas?

help!

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    A sample would be most helpful.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Karyn - if you could zip up the module and attach it to the post like Darrel mentioned, someone can take a look and troubleshoot.

If I was troubleshooting based on your screen shots, I would change a couple of the setting to see if it made a difference - maybe change the 'Maximum Drops per Zone to something higher than 1 (I think the default is 99), and maybe click the option to 'Snap Drag Items to Center of Drop Zones'?  Maybe also use the 'expand view editor' which is the icon to the top right of the drop zone image area, and make sure everything looks good there...
    - Adam Cain
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Maybe also try re-creating the question from scratch on another page, and see if you experience the same issue.
    - Adam Cain
  • kpeverill3403
    kpeverill3403 Community Member Posts: 13
    OK so I tried a few things, and one was creating another page under that one, and copying another drag/drop question from earlier into that page - same issue.

I ended up recreating the question on another page, in an earlier section, and it worked.

I've since deleted the offending pages - I had to get it finished last night unfortunately.

If it happens again, i'll zip the module.

kP

• tbanninga2873
    tbanninga2873 Community Member Posts: 22
    Hi

I've had this issue recurring on all my drag and drop activities. I posted an example in another post. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/issue-with-drag-and-drop-question/
  • _
    _ Community Member Posts: 84
    This has been an issue for a long time, with no fix in sight as far as I know. Whenever this happens I just sigh and go rebuild it.