Text now HTML DIV after update to 18.1

kjones4547
kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
All of my text is identified in Lectora styles, no custom css files.  Since I updated to 18.2 and I run or preview the course, all of my text is now showing up.  For example, the text Module R101 (subtitle style) appears as:

div aria-live="polite" id="text13347">a id="text13347anc" style="display:block;height:0px;width:0px;">/a> p lang="en" style="margin-left:0px;text-indent:0px;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;text-align:center;" > span class="text13347Font1" >Module R101 /span >/p >

Any idea why this is happening?

 

Comments

  • Hi Karen,

    First I would like you to try publishing with the option "Publish all pages" checked on this can be found in your HTML options tab when you go to publish the title.

    If this does not resolve the issue please submit a support ticket and attach the title that is giving you the issue. Mention that I sent you so it comes directly to me.

    Thanks
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    Do you mean you upgraded to 18.0.2?

    If so, perhaps update to the latest available 18.1.1 and see if you still have the same issue?

     
    - Adam Cain
  • kjones4547
    kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
    I had 18.02.2 and updated to 18.1.1.  That's when the problem started.
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 361 ♦ Idol ♦
    Does this happen with all courses, or just one in particular?
    - Adam Cain
  • kjones4547
    kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
    <span class="handle-sign">@&lt;/span>jbarona9656 The issue remained after publishing to HTML.  I'll put in a ticket and upload the course for you to review.
  • kjones4547
    kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
    Adam,  it is not consistent.  Happening with some and not with others.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Karen, it would be very helpful if you were able to post a sample awt that has this occurring.
  • kjones4547
    kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
    Here is the first part of the course that is having issues.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 971 ✭ Legend ✭
    Trying to open and publish the file you uploaded in 17.0.6, I get multiple errors about missing resources and an action with no target. I didn't go any further.
  • kjones4547
    kjones4547 Community Member Posts: 34
    I pulled the content into our standard template file in an attempt to determine the issue, made one change at a time, and then ran/previewed the course.  It is being caused by the Enable Dynamic Text Option.  The text that doesn't have it shows up fine, but any that are designated dynamic text (which is a lot of our content) is.

    If I deselect the option and run/preview, the font is fine.  If I select it, I get the html <div>.  Thankfully I don't have to recreate the courses, but it means no dynamic text file...

    <span class="handle-sign">@&lt;/span>jbarona9656 - wanted to make sure you saw this.
  • Hi Karen,

    Thank you so much for identifying the issue, we were able to reproduce the problem and come up with a solution.

    Please be on the lookout for the next maintenance release.