Play/Pause Actions on YouTube Videos

tsukta2655
tsukta2655 Community Member Posts: 7 ☆ Roadie ☆
I am working on a title that has a YouTube video embedded using the Lectora YouTube player. I would like to trigger some actions when the video is paused and played, but the only action condition I am seeing is being able to trigger when the video is done playing. Is anyone aware of a round about way to trigger Lectora actions when a YouTube video is paused or played. Thanks

Comments

• lsilver
    lsilver Community Member Posts: 80
    If it's not a requirement that your learners need to be able to scrub the video, can you remove the player, and then add your own play, pause and stop buttons? Then you can trigger any additional actions you need via the buttons. If you look at the embed code for a YouTube video, you can remove the player. Then for the initial Play button, I'd put a transparent button over the entire video with maybe a note to play the video using the button below. It's not the most elegant solution, but it could work!