reporting test results to LMS

mmilo9281
mmilo9281 Community Member Posts: 155 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi,

usually i make Test Moduls (exams) in our LMS, where i can report the points and see if the students have passed it.

So my question :-) it is certain possible to make a scorm file with this function, but how? Are there variables for this?

It would be nice to have only one object (learning content + exam)

Wish you all a nice day, Marcel

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,236 ✭ Legend ✭
    Of course it's possible. In the end there's no big difference between courses with and without a test. A scorm package must always send the score a user has achieved for the Assignable Unit (AICC_Score). If you don't have a test you'll have to set the score manually, if you have a test you can use the test score to fill in AICC_Score. Lectora creates a variable for the test called "Name_of_your_test_chapter_Score", e.g. "Test_1_Score".

Check out Jennys course about Scorm that provides you with a comprehensive introduction to how it works.
  • mmilo9281
    Hey Tim, thanks for your help, i will watch jennys course.

greetings Marcel
  • mmilo9281
    Hi,

and how does this work, if i want that the score of a game will be shown in our LMS?

Is this possible?

i have downloaded the GameShow template from elearningbrothers.

Thx and have a nice day, Marcel
  • timk
    Change the type of your title to "AICC and SCORM for LMS", so that you can use the scorm variables.

Identify the variable that is used to store the score: 29864_percent

Find the place where the percent score is calculated: All relevant actions are attached to the image "textBox_Intro" and executed when the image is shown.

Add another action under the calculations:

On: Show
    Action: Modify variable
    Target: AICC_Score
    Type: Set equal to
    VAlue: VAR(29864_percent)
  • mmilo9281
    Hi, thx for your manual.:-)

i have tried this and its shows the percent but not the real score. It would be very cool if we can see the real points of every player.

• timk
    You can't use cmi.score.raw (AICC_Score) for the points as the variable requires a decimal and it will throw an error when you try to set it to a value > 1.

You can check "Retain value between sessions" for the variable "29864_GameScore" to save the points to the suspend_data field in the LMS.

... it seems like the calculations made by the template are not too precise. In my test I answered all questions but 1 (100 points) question correctly. The point score is 7900 but the percentage score is 95 although it should be 99.
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 1,099 ✭ Legend ✭
    Marcel, you might find out whether your LMS supports Tin Can (xAPI), which would let you define a custom field for "marcel_game_score" or whatever you choose.