Receiving Error on Final Test Results Page

rcarlson8673
rcarlson8673 Community Member Posts: 37
Hello all,

I have a title that I've published with a 4 question test. I also have a test results page that proceeds those four questions.
When testing this course after publishing (AICC), on the Test Results page, I continue to receive an error that doesn't make a ton of sense to me:
<div id="pageDIV">
<div id="text43353"></div>
<div id="other69129" title="Results">

"Results must be on the final page in a test. No results to display."

I'm confused because the results page is on the final page in the test. I have attached screenshots if it helps. Has anybody encountered this error?
Thanks!

Ryan

</div>
</div>

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    The only thing I can imagine is that you go to the Page with a Go to Action instead of "Process Test"
  • cainam
    cainam Community Member Posts: 286 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Maybe check the properties of your Results object?  (maybe also to troubleshoot, copy the assessment and paste it into a blank title to see if you have the same problem)
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    Hmm... This is what I have for actions with the "Submit Quiz" button on the final question:
    On mouse click, process question
    On mouse click, process test survey

On mouse click go to next page.

Don't I need to have, both the "go to action" and the process commands?
  • cainam
    For the last question page, I just use one action 'process test'  (I don't process questions individually, processing the test should do it)

- Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    Thanks, Adam. I've checked my results ribbon, tested in a new, blank title, and ensured it was just the "process test" action in the submit button on the last question page. I'm still receiving the same error, and I have no idea why... I guess I'll just have to keep testing. Very confusing.
  • cainam
    If you could upload just the test version of the course, I'm sure one of us would be happy to take a look at it and see if we can spot the issue.  Another thing you could try is creating a new title and just add a new test, and just copy/paste the question pages from your current test into it.  Might help identify where the issue is -
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    I tried to upload my test zip of the title, but it appears the file is too large?
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Sometimes its a matter of deleting and re-adding to get rid of the error *eye roll*
  • rcarlson8673
    I just ended up making a custom results page... Thanks everyone for their input. After lots of troubleshooting, I was unable to figure out why I am receiving that error message. I hate to give up, but a lot of peers mentioned they just end up making their own results page because Lectora's default results page is a nightmare. I'm sure most of of you pros out there are fine with it though.

I believe I figured out a solution though with a custom results page using the AICC_Score variable.
  • timk
    There's no need for the go to action and maybe it fires before the test is processed.
  • rcarlson8673
    Unfortunately, I'm still having issues even creating a custom results page.

Thanks, Tim. I realized that once you shared your first reply. That did not resolve the problem ... Man. Now on my "custom" results page, I'm having issues with a user defined variable displaying the correct number in a text box. Even though in the background, my variable is being retained and functioning to only display certain elements (retry buttons, text boxes, etc.) based on if the user defined variable is equal to or greater than 80 - it is not displaying that variable number in a text box that should display. It will only display a 0. On the previous page, I can see that the variable is up to a number of 100... I can't use debug mode for the results page because that pop-up window suddenly goes white and only 75% actually even displays the results page.

Has anyone ever had a page almost seemed to want to close/exit/go white as soon as it launches. The only way I can see the page is if I publish the course and play it. That is when I can see that the user define variable is not displaying the correct number. I've attached a couple a screenshots that may or may not be helpful to untangle what I've just tried to explain above...
  • cainam
    can you share the action you have on that results page to change the number from zero to the value of the ResultVariable?
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
  • cainam
    a bit hard to troubleshoot without being able to see all the actions/interactions, but I can't see any problems with what you are showing - seems pretty straight forward (I replicated a simple version of your scenario - one page adds 25 to a variable, next page changes the context of a text field to 'Your %: VAR(variable name)', and everything works as it should...

Not sure if there is a better way to troubleshoot within this platform - but if you want to zip up just the test and email it to me I can take a look.  [email protected]
    - Adam Cain
  • timk
    Or copy the assessment related pages to a new title, replace/remove proprietary material  and upload the AWT here.
  • rcarlson8673
    Appreciate the help guys! I have stripped it of proprietary material and uploaded the zip here. Let me know if you guys are able to see anything...

Thanks!

Ryan
  • cainam
    First thing I noticed is that you have an action at the chapter (Test) level to reset the Test which will fire on every page of the test - is that on purpose?
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    I thought the same thing... I was mimicking a similar test that someone else made at my company. I've tried it with and without that action, but it still seems to behave the same on the Results page.
  • cainam
    yes, it does seem to behave the same on the last page - was just wondering if that was there all along, it may have been the cause of your initial issue you posted.
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    Ahh yeah. Gotcha. Complicated enough, I didn't add this action until I made the custom results page that I modeled after another person's course. There's functions, and mine does not. Neither of us can figure out what's different with mine...
  • cainam
    The page not showing appears to be tied up with your 'Checklist' image.  (original width of 7,130).  Get rid of that pic, or replace it with a new version and see what happens for you.
    - Adam Cain
  • rcarlson8673
    Thanks, Adam. That for sure was the issue with the page displaying. It's odd that the variable still isn't displaying correctly though. I can now see in the debug window that everything is firing too... Am I not supposed to have the On Show actions on the page level? That is how the person I work with did it too. Hmm.
  • rcarlson8673
    i meant to say theirs* functions...  yikes.
  • rcarlson8673
    Wow. I think I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I for sure think you saved me with that image. After recreating the text box and action of change contents, on the test results page, I'm not able to visually see the proper score!
  • rwatkins9162
    rwatkins9162 Community Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I was reading the thread. Did you place the Results onto a page using the Results Designer? You shouldn't need to custom create the results page. Reference the frame grab for what I mean.