Lectora v17.1.7 translation issue

jkirk8179
jkirk8179 Community Member Posts: 5
Wondered if anyone that has recently upgraded to Lectora v17.1.7 has encountered the same issue as one of my colleagues.

He has sent a completed course to translation, received the relevant .rtf's back and is now in the process of re-integrating these translations.

However, what he has noticed is that if he imports the .rtf file back into the course and quickly does a publish (whether HTML, SCORM or otherwise) all pages he has not visited or checked yet in Lectora remain in the previous language. Yet when he scrolls through the course the text is in the correct languages, almost as if Lectora is publishing from the original authoring language.

I have checked the translated files and can find nothing that could explain this. It's almost as if Lectora has cached the language from the text boxes and isn't overwriting the cache until the developer loads the page.

Comments

• dlueken
    dlueken Community Member Posts: 13
    Hi Jason,

I am wondering if the problem could be resolved by selecting "Publish all pages" on the "HTML Options" page when publishing.  The other pages may have been missed if the "Publish only updated pages" option is selected.
  • jkirk8179
    Hi Darin,

Thanks for the reply.

I initially thought it could be that, but I have received the Source Files and have tried it myself ensuring that the 'Publish all pages' radio was checked and have managed to replicate the issue.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Could it possibly be a bad install?  Was the process "Run as Administrator"?
  • jkirk8179
    That could be the case. Not sure if it was "Run as Administrator" as my colleague is in one of our other locations in another country.

From my own personal experience I have never needed to "Run as Adminstrator" on any previous version of Lectora for it to install correctly.

All I would say is that after a few days of investigation 3 of us in different locations have encountered the error with v17.1.7 and as a precaution I have asked that everyone uninstall and re-install a more stable version of Lectora 17.
  • jvalley4735
    Did you submit a support ticket about the issue? That way development can take a look to see if they can find an underlying cause.
  • jkirk8179
    Hi Jennifer,

I hadn't for the issue itself. I had raised a ticket to get a full download of Lectora 17.0 so that we can revert back to 17.0.

Wanted to see if this was an issue anyone else experienced first.

J
  • jvalley4735
    Are you still in need of the file? I can check on the case if you'd like me to.
  • jkirk8179
    No need now, they sent through the Lectora 17.0 installation file. I am interested to see if any other users have experience this issue though.