How to set conditions in a course?

mmilo9281
mmilo9281 Community Member Posts: 155 ☆ Roadie ☆
How to set conditions in a course.

I made a test course in which yo have to complete three tasks, only then you can exit the course.

I want to ensure that the students have done all tasks. Can anyone help me, i think this is only going with variables.

here is my test project:

THX and greetings, Marcel

Comments

• clammers
    clammers Community Member Posts: 123 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I'm not sure how you could go about forcing users to complete a task before existing the course, seeing as how they can always close the tab/window in which the course opened.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    You won't be able to manipulate the courses HTML wrapper since an exit button is going to appear in web-based content no matter what.

You could manipulate the internal course exit button with a variable.
    1. Create a User Defined Variable
    2. Activity one completed = modify the variable to add a
    3. Activity two complete = modify the variable to add b
    4. Activity three complete = modify the variable to add c
    5. Title level action that if variable equals abc show exit (the key is to make sure that no matter where the person is they have a chance to refresh the variable value. Title level would only do it once the page is shown. So I would suggest adding this action to the page where the activities are to force it to retrieve the variable data after the completion action has been done)
  • mmilo9281
    Hi Jennifer, thx for your help :-) sounds complicated.

another idea, user has to make first task 1, only then he can make task 2. And when i have done task 2, he can make task 3. (comply with the order). Is this easy to create?

nice greetings Marcel
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,205 ♦ Idol ♦
    Here's your file. It now contains 2 ways to check whether the tasks have been done. The first uses the status indicator you've integrated. The second demonstrates what Jenny explained.

It also removes the Play button from the video.
  • mmilo9281
    hey Tim,

you are great!!!! thanks! :-)